wilma4ever
Wilma4everForum

Wilma4everForum Wilma4everGallery Wilma4everShop Wilma4everBlog Wilma4everFacebook Wilma4everTwitter Wilma4everNewsletterSignUp

Thread: I have awesome news!

Owner Admin Hostess ApriltheScrapaholic's Avatar

I have awesome news!

I am going to be an aunt again. Janna is pregnant again. This time it wasn't planned. She was actually at the family clinic to see about getting her or my brother fixed permanently and they found out that she is 8 weeks pregnant. I'm so excited. I feel a little bad for her actually because Bodi is finally getting around good and she was looking forward to trying to loose some weight and get out more. And now she's pregnant again. I was like after this one then. LOL So very excited. She's due in November around the 21st.

April

Re: I have awesome news!

Quote Originally Posted by ApriltheScrapaholic View Post
    I am going to be an aunt again. Janna is pregnant again. This time it wasn't planned. She was actually at the family clinic to see about getting her or my brother fixed permanently and they found out that she is 8 weeks pregnant. I'm so excited. I feel a little bad for her actually because Bodi is finally getting around good and she was looking forward to trying to loose some weight and get out more. And now she's pregnant again. I was like after this one then. LOL So very excited. She's due in November around the 21st.

April
    Wow congrats...My cousin Jodie is also pregnant..oopsie x2,she is having twins,due in November

Congrats!

I'd been talking to my mom, and birth control was just starting to come into vogue in the 60's not long after she had my sister. With my grandmother, after the fourth one, she said "Can't afford no more kids," and stopped sleeping with my grandpa. No wonder he was frisky all the time, he wasn't getting any.

Quote Originally Posted by Digicats View Post
    Congrats!

I'd been talking to my mom, and birth control was just starting to come into vogue in the 60's not long after she had my sister. With my grandmother, after the fourth one, she said "Can't afford no more kids," and stopped sleeping with my grandpa. No wonder he was frisky all the time, he wasn't getting any.
    Poor ol gramps

Quote Originally Posted by Lins Creations View Post
    Poor ol gramps
    My mother said much the same thing though. After my sister was born my parents stopped having sex as it was the only way she could guarantee she wouldn't get pregnant again. She said as soon as birth control pills became available she went and got them, despite the fact that the Church did not condone any sort of birth control. She said it was too late though, and they just couldn't rekindle the intimacy. That was one of the reasons the marriage failed.

OH that's so sad Dianna. Yeah that kind is what helps keep a marriage together. How come she just didn't get her tubes tied or him a vasectomy. Probably couldn't afford those either. Well I'm excited.

Quote Originally Posted by ApriltheScrapaholic View Post
    OH that's so sad Dianna. Yeah that kind is what helps keep a marriage together. How come she just didn't get her tubes tied or him a vasectomy. Probably couldn't afford those either. Well I'm excited.
    I'm not sure how common those procedures were in those days. They didn't have planned parenthood, and vasectomy as a birth control method didn't get started nationally until the early 1950's. Plus, my mother was raised to be very religious and the church frowned on any sort of birth control method save for abstinence. Sex was tied in with original sin, so you weren't supposed to be having sex for fun, only for procreation. (My mother was actually considering joining a convent when she was in high school, but after she's gone to one to try her vocation, her little sister missed her so much that she talked her out of it.)

That was an interesting conversation, though, as it was the first time I had a talk with her where she actually admitted there were problems with both parties, instead of just flying off the handle and screaming about my father being the spawn of the devil.

That sounds like it was really rough for you. So crazy how everything has changed in our modern world. Still it's sad that their marriage was ruined because of it all. Course I'm pretty sure divorce wasn't acceptable either. So glad I live in the here and now.