wilma4ever
Wilma4everForum

Wilma4everForum Wilma4everGallery Wilma4everShop Wilma4everBlog Wilma4everFacebook Wilma4everTwitter Wilma4everNewsletterSignUp

Thread: April 2017 Calendar/Desktop Challenge with Miggins

April 2017 Calendar/Desktop Challenge with Miggins

Hello and welcome to the Calendar/Desktop Challenge!!

For your desktops this month, I've got a pack for you to use

you can find it free Here

If you download the kit, you must participate in the challenge.

Please post your results here in this thread and in the Monthly Calendar/Desktop Challenge Gallery.

Please post your links in THE MONTHLY TRACKING THREAD as well.

Challenge ends April 30th at 11:59PM GMT
    Please read the monthly challenge rules

4ever Member

Re: April 2017 Calendar/Desktop Challenge with Miggins

miggs_w4eapril_deskchal;
    HSA-FB freebie-July

4Ever Creative Team

This is my entry to the April desktop/calendar Challenge, I used the kit provided and I also felt a bit of glitter was called for seeing as i added 2 "markers" indicating the birthdays of my eldest and youngest and have added their pictures.

Sorry I can't download this one. It wants me to buy into the site. Next month maybe.

Quote Originally Posted by hummerdawn View Post
    Sorry I can't download this one. It wants me to buy into the site. Next month maybe.
    You need to scroll down past the buy into the site stuff, pick the slow download button that is right above the facebook box, and then wait 30 seconds, and it will download for you. No need to buy anything.

24 Downloads of this kit and one one entry........................................

There are two entries. And are you sure that your download numbers are correct? Because I don't think that there are even 24 active members in the forum. Has the link possibly been posted somewhere else? For the record, I didn't download it as I didn't think I'd be entering.

Quote Originally Posted by Miggins View Post
    24 Downloads of this kit and one one entry........................................

4Ever Designer and Forum Manager ApriltheScrapaholic's Avatar

I just clicked on it and it's kind of hard to tell where to download it. But I see where it says slow download. I didn't download it either. I haven't been able to do hardly any challenges this month. Just thought I'd check it for you. Yes I agree with Susan. I don't think there are that many participating members doing challenges to download that many times. I could be wrong though. Has it been accessed from somewhere else maybe? Maybe you should do like Eileen and send them links when they respond to your posts that way you know who is getting your downloads. She does that with the mask challenge. Instead of giving a direct download from the challenge. She pm's with a link.

Quote Originally Posted by SusanSays View Post
    There are two entries. And are you sure that your download numbers are correct? Because I don't think that there are even 24 active members in the forum. Has the link possibly been posted somewhere else? For the record, I didn't download it as I didn't think I'd be entering.
    Lurkers? They come in and grab the freebies and leave.

I had 11 downloads of the tag template, and three entries. Even when i went Eileen's route and had people request the kit, I had several people request and then never complete the challenge. So...

Well I guess that doesn't work either. So members are downloading stuff and not even participating in the forum at all then. Just grabbing the freebies. Gotta be a better way. I don't guess putting them in the store would even help either just make it a little more inconvenient to get.

I think it's worse in the store, especially as Kit uses some of the shop freebies in the newsletter. I don't know if it's doable on this forum, but I used to be on one where if you didn't post for 90 days you were subject to deletion.

NO the link wasnt posted anywhere but here...
    i changed to filefactory cos you all moaned about my putting it up in mediafire so if you want the kits in future ill box or email them

Jodhi I have learned you just can't please everyone so do it the way you want to do it. You're giving it free so no one should complain about how they get it. Or just put it in your store. Free for only that month. Then you can sell it. Win win.

I don't know if this helps but in trying to download one of Dianna's prizes she sent to me(only using this as a personal example) my virus software wouldn't let me download it and said it was harmful site. So I made it let me download it. And then 4 downloads of the same link started up. It wouldn't let me exit them out so they had to full upload and then I just x'd the box out. So it looked like I downloaded it 4 times. Though I am sure it would appear to you that 4 people had downloaded it. I experienced that this morning. And I'm not complaining. Just sharing an experience.

So maybe this is why some of the downloads are high with not many participants. It could show up as 8 downloads when there were only 2 people downloading.

I don't know what it is about mediafire that my software doesn't like. The ads I guess. I had the same problem with Andrea's links too for a while. Now they seem to work fine. It goes off and on.

Anyway just a thought.

Quote Originally Posted by ApriltheScrapaholic View Post
    I don't know what it is about mediafire that my software doesn't like. The ads I guess. I had the same problem with Andrea's links too for a while. Now they seem to work fine. It goes off and on.
    I pay for hosting. You shouldn't be getting any ads, it should be a direct download.

I'm not getting ads. I was just saying maybe that's why it doesn't like mediafire in general. It's saying your site is harmful and won't let me download until I tell it to allow and I have to do it every time. LOL And then it acts like I hit the download button 3 to 4 times. But it won't let me even with your stuff on your blog. So I have to do this every time I download. I need to go to Andrea's site and see if it's doing it there too. It may not be you it may just be my virus software not liking mediafire in general. I have no idea. But it's been happening for a while now. And I may not be the only one having this trouble is what I was implying and I only used yours as an example cause I mainly download from you or Andrea. But that could be a reason you guys have so many downloads except I haven't downloaded from Jodhi though.

Yes I'm having problems with Andrea's (Shanew) site too with media fire. I tried to download a qp she made with my Ladybug's kit and hit download, then it said harmful so I made it allow, and then 3 download showed up of the same thing and I can't get rid of them until I fully download them all. It won't let me x out. So on her end It looks like 3 people downloaded when it was only me. I can't be the only one having this problem. And a last week I wasn't having any problems with it and it was letting me download just fine. Like I said it's off and on.

Oh my. Andrea always posts a mediafire link and a 4shared link so you can download from both places. I decided to use the 4shared and got all kinds of warnings. It was so bad it wouldn't let you open up the file so I discarded and then went and downloaded 3 times at the mediafire link. LOL So crazy.