wilma4ever
Wilma4everForum

Wilma4everForum Wilma4everGallery Wilma4everShop Wilma4everBlog Wilma4everFacebook Wilma4everTwitter Wilma4everNewsletterSignUp

Thread: January 2017 Altered Art Challenge With [Scrappin Wright]

Kit: Your Admin Hostess ScrappinWright's Avatar

January 2017 Altered Art Challenge With [Scrappin Wright]

Welcome to the December 2016 Altered Art Challenge!
    With your hostess, Scrappin Wright.

Are you feeling unsure how to begin an art journal or altering elements and kits you have in your stash? Are you wondering if there are rules? Come join me in this new year as we explore altered art and journaling together! Starting this month and every month after I will be giving you some tips for your digital art jounraling / altered art journey.

I will give you a mini kit to play with as your gift just for playing along. It is my hope to inspire your creativity.

Finally we are moving into the New Year. My goal is to take better care of myself, eating better, and being a healthier me. Not only so I can be there for my daughter but so she will learn by example.

Task: Think of one goal you have for 2017. Rather than a resolution or a HUGE list of things maybe try an over all goal. It can be as simple or complex as you like. Maybe learning a new hobby, new recipe, or even a new walking path. Basically just one or a small amount of things to focus on.
    Once you have an idea of what you want write it down and decorate your page around the goal or goals. For example if wanted to take up gardening you could write the word garden and decorate your layout with flowers, greenery, and sunshine. If you wanted to take up skiing, you can write that goal and decorate your layout with winter things. Or mix it up with whatever your imagination brings. I have provided some papers and some elements for you to work with if you like.

You can have this one for free to play with. Code at check out is Jan2017aa

Please post your results here in this thread and in the Monthly Challenge, gallery so we can all see.

Use at least 50% Wilma4Ever products.
    Upload your layout or timeline cover for Facebook to the Monthly Altered Art Challenge and in this thread.
    Post your links in THE MONTHLY TRACKING THREAD as well
    Challenge ends at 11:59pm Pacific Time on Jan 31, 2017.

Read the monthly challenge rules here.

You will get the mini kit just for playing. The layout font I used is Caslon Antiuqe.

Owner Admin Hostess ApriltheScrapaholic's Avatar

Re: January 2017 Altered Art Challenge With [Scrappin Wright]

Here is mine

Nice page! For a long time I used to say "I really need to get organized one of these days," but then, I realised, if I did get organized, I'd never be able to find anything. So yes, it looks like a lot of clutter, but at least I know where everything is.

That's what I used to think but now I can't find anything so it's time. I've got some time off for my birthday next week so that's what I am going to try to do at least. I need to get rid of some stuff I don't need anymore. Maybe I'll have a garage sale or something. And that's for every room in the house except maybe the bedroom. I'll be happy if I get the kitchen and craft rooms done.

Mom bought me a Silhouette Cameo 3 for xmas and I have to make some room for it. And then see what I can make with it. I have a friend that has one and is making $6500 a month with it. Janna has a cricut and makes some money but not much. Mom gave it to me and said see what you can do. She's expecting great things. Hoping I don't disappoint her.

I would never have suspected that cameo silhouttes were that popular.

I need some of that over here too!

Quote Originally Posted by ApriltheScrapaholic View Post
    Here is mine

And it wouldn't even be that hard to fix...if I had a power drill. Which I do not.

Kit used: AA Jan Challenge kit by Scrappin' Wright
    http://wilma4ever.com/index.php?main...ducts_id=41598

Extras from my So Cozy kit, which is a freebie you can grab off my blog:
    http://digicats.blogspot.com/2017/01...itals-and.html

Alpha by Moore Blessings Digital Designs

I could loan you my drill. Awesome page Dianna.

I should have picked something easier. I managed to get my living room organized and cleaned (deep cleaned). My brother came down and fixed my fence. They brought the kids and they were crawling and playing all over the living room carpet. So I was Janna approved I guess. Had to lock the puppies in my bedroom. I just didn't want them to scratch the kids because they were so excited to see them. They love kids. In the end when the fence got fixed I put Peanut outside and Shaylee stayed in. She's much more calm but she will lick your face if you let her. I just crouched down beside her so she couldn't pounce up and Livy spend quite a bit of time petting her. Livy loved it. Wouldn't pay attention to anything else while Shaylee was there. It was so cute. She did pet Peanut but I had to hold him he was so excited.

Now onto the craft room. Ugh. Never going to get it organized. I have the silhouette now and have no idea where to put it.

I don't have a power drill either. Hopefully you'll get that bookcase fixed.
    My printer went all wonky it took me a couple of tries but it's back. I know that feel.

Quote Originally Posted by Digicats View Post

And it wouldn't even be that hard to fix...if I had a power drill. Which I do not.

Kit used: AA Jan Challenge kit by Scrappin' Wright
    http://wilma4ever.com/index.php?main...ducts_id=41598

Extras from my So Cozy kit, which is a freebie you can grab off my blog:
    http://digicats.blogspot.com/2017/01...itals-and.html

Alpha by Moore Blessings Digital Designs

Girl.. I need to organize my yarn!

I could loan you my drill. Awesome page Dianna.

I should have picked something easier. I managed to get my living room organized and cleaned (deep cleaned). My brother came down and fixed my fence. They brought the kids and they were crawling and playing all over the living room carpet. So I was Janna approved I guess. Had to lock the puppies in my bedroom. I just didn't want them to scratch the kids because they were so excited to see them. They love kids. In the end when the fence got fixed I put Peanut outside and Shaylee stayed in. She's much more calm but she will lick your face if you let her. I just crouched down beside her so she couldn't pounce up and Livy spend quite a bit of time petting her. Livy loved it. Wouldn't pay attention to anything else while Shaylee was there. It was so cute. She did pet Peanut but I had to hold him he was so excited.

Now onto the craft room. Ugh. Never going to get it organized. I have the silhouette now and have no idea where to put it.

Never thought of organizing yarn. LOL I used to do needlepoint and I had a lot of yarn for that but I just had this basket I put it all in. Like one of those huge old fashioned sewing baskets. No idea what happened to that thing. Probably still full of yarn somewhere. hehe

Now I have to figure out how to store all this vinyl for my machine. Then I have to separate it into heat transfer vinyl and reg vinyl.

I need a new house with like 3 separate craft rooms. LOL

My grandmother had those metal storage shelves up in her attic and she kept all her fabric organized on those. Scraps and other small bits went into either cardboard boxes or plastic storage tubs. She did all her sewing downstairs though, on the front porch. That became her sewing room after my great grandmother died.

The standing joke in the family was that she wasn't allowed to die until she got her attic organized, but in all honesty, she did have it pretty much in order.

Not sure how big those plastic sheets of yours are, but something like that might work for you too.

On a side note, the power was out most of yesterday, so I decided to try to tackle the bookcase. Had very limited success. Not sure it's repairable without more tools than I have and some new wood as well. The bottom shelf is completely cracked through.

Never thought of organizing yarn. LOL I used to do needlepoint and I had a lot of yarn for that but I just had this basket I put it all in. Like one of those huge old fashioned sewing baskets. No idea what happened to that thing. Probably still full of yarn somewhere. hehe

Now I have to figure out how to store all this vinyl for my machine. Then I have to separate it into heat transfer vinyl and reg vinyl.

I need a new house with like 3 separate craft rooms. LOL
    Last edited by Digicats; 01-24-2017 at 01:05 PM.

They aren't plastic sheets, they are rolled up vinyl. Janna has all hers mounted on a wall I think on dowels.

My room is small and each wall is filled with a table. One side is for sewing, one is for art, one is for all the gadgets like printer, computer, scanner and now the silhouette if I can figure out where. And the 4th wall has all my pens, cd's & dvd's, office supplies, scrapbooks etc. I might be able to put the silhouette there.

So I have to figure out which wall to put the vinyl on or use totes like you said that I won't have room to place anywhere.

I never go into the attic. There is no floor to it, only studs and insulation so it's not place to go into really and I can't really store anything up there without a floor to it which is too bad because it's kind of a big area. If the ceiling had been boarded up and the floor boarded it would have made a great storage area except for the heat.

I never go into the attic. There is no floor to it, only studs and insulation so it's not place to go into really and I can't really store anything up there without a floor to it which is too bad because it's kind of a big area. If the ceiling had been boarded up and the floor boarded it would have made a great storage area except for the heat.
    With three girls, they needed the attic to serve as extra bedrooms so my granddad finished at least a part of it. There was still a section near the front that was walled off and unfinished, and all the holiday decorations got stored there. It was hot though. I remember my mother telling me that it was hot in the summer and cold in the winter in her little room.

We had an attic room once in a house. I can remember making those sand candles in art class as a kid and I had one on the rafter of the attic. It was a neat area aside from the heat in the summer. We weren't there too long though. Now I have a tiny space so I need to figure out how to make wall units that are pretty but functional. I have a lot of yarn and I am currently working on a baby blanket.