wilma4ever
Wilma4everForum

Wilma4everForum Wilma4everGallery Wilma4everShop Wilma4everBlog Wilma4everFacebook Wilma4everTwitter Wilma4everNewsletterSignUp

Thread: August 2016 Contest: Nicknames

Hybrid View

August 2016 Contest: Nicknames

This month I challenge you to make a page about the nicknames we call each other in our family, your nickname, the nicknames you call your crazy neighbors,
    the nickname of the state where you were born or where you live now, or something similar.

Re: August 2016 Contest: Nicknames

Oh this is a cute idea, Anmarie! Though I've not really used nicknames for my immediate family (except for the traditional southern Honey, Sugar and Darlin even when talking to strangers!), My Dad gave the grandkids nicknames. He had a hard time remembering our names, and we just reminded him "which one" we were, but for the Grands, he started with my daughter, calling her The Kid, then along came Rosebud and Bimbo. I don't know if he had a nick name for his oldest grandson as he wasn't down much, and he didn't give the youngest (my son) a nickname either....but we still joke around with these three.

oh my gosh, that is hilarious! having to remind him which kid you were!!! i love the vintage look to this layout, that sea foam green color is gorgeous, and your amazing clustering is second to none! great work!

Quote Originally Posted by China Doll View Post
    Oh this is a cute idea, Anmarie! Though I've not really used nicknames for my immediate family (except for the traditional southern Honey, Sugar and Darlin even when talking to strangers!), My Dad gave the grandkids nicknames. He had a hard time remembering our names, and we just reminded him "which one" we were, but for the Grands, he started with my daughter, calling her The Kid, then along came Rosebud and Bimbo. I don't know if he had a nick name for his oldest grandson as he wasn't down much, and he didn't give the youngest (my son) a nickname either....but we still joke around with these three.

Thanks Anmarie. April's kit has an interesting color scheme but I love the sea-foam green too. I can't wait to see what other's come up with! Blessings.

China Doll, I love your layout I live near a beach, and everyone local knows that the seafront is referred to as "Meggie's" although the reasons have been lost in time. The most popular theory is that the single hill in the town, which leads up to the seafront, was called "Mag's Hill" (Mag being an old English word for great or big. Which you would find hilarious if you ever saw the hill, lol, it's just a small, gentle slope really, but this is a pretty flat county. Anyway, the photos were taken by my hubby, and the page was created using ABC's Elegant Peacock kit.
    I got a little confused (it doesn't take much) when I went to put it in the gallery, because the gallery for July's contest is labelled "Nicknames" and August's is labelled "Photo Optional", so I put it in both. Also, I didn't get an option to paste a credit link in the gallery, which I usually do, so although I've credited you in the description, there's no handy link for other members to find your kit. I've linked it below the image here though.

Kit used - ABC's Elegant Peacock Kit used - ABC's Elegant Peacock http://wilma4ever.com/index.php?main...ducts_id=34955
    Last edited by SusanSays; 08-30-2016 at 11:12 AM.

This is just gorgeous Susan! Your hubby's photography and your scrapbooking skills make a GREAT team! Thank you for using my kit!

Quote Originally Posted by SusanSays View Post
    China Doll, I love your layout I live near a beach, and everyone local knows that the seafront is referred to as "Meggie's" although the reasons have been lost in time. The most popular theory is that the single hill in the town, which leads up to the seafront, was called "Mag's Hill" (Mag being an old English word for great or big. Which you would find hilarious if you ever saw the hill, lol, it's just a small, gentle slope really, but this is a pretty flat county. Anyway, the photos were taken by my hubby, and the page was created using ABC's Elegant Peacock kit.
    I got a little confused (it doesn't take much) when I went to put it in the gallery, because the gallery for July's contest is labelled "Nicknames" and August's is labelled "Photo Optional", so I put it in both. Also, I didn't get an option to paste a credit link in the gallery, which I usually do, so although I've credited you in the description, there's no handy link for other members to find your kit. I've linked it below the image here though.

Kit used - ABC's Elegant Peacock Kit used - ABC's Elegant Peacock http://wilma4ever.com/index.php?main...ducts_id=34955