wilma4ever
Wilma4everForum

Wilma4everForum Wilma4everGallery Wilma4everShop Wilma4everBlog Wilma4everFacebook Wilma4everTwitter Wilma4everNewsletterSignUp

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: April 2016 Contest: "The Letter 'E'" with ABCreations

April 2016 Contest: "The Letter 'E'" with ABCreations

Did you know that the letter "E" is the most common letter used in the English language (and a few other languages as well!) the contest this month is to create a layout, card, tag, or other project that really features the letter "E"

Re: April 2016 Contest: "The Letter 'E'" with ABCreations

This will be FUN ~ so I'll be back

Owner Admin Hostess ApriltheScrapaholic's Avatar

Hmm this one sounds interesting. Love the mask used in your siggy Jemima

Humm...Interesting idea!

I did not have any pictures of Elephants, so....

E is also for Earth Day!

Kit used: Terra Dies (Earth Day) by Digicats (& Dogs)
    http://wilma4ever.com/index.php?main...ducts_id=34149

Watersticker Alpha by Rose Made Designs
    Part of the August 2015 Thank You Gift
    http://wilma4ever.com/index.php?main...ducts_id=33013

That works. Awesome page.

good job Dianna!

Quote Originally Posted by Digicats View Post
    I did not have any pictures of Elephants, so....

E is also for Earth Day!

Kit used: Terra Dies (Earth Day) by Digicats (& Dogs)
    http://wilma4ever.com/index.php?main...ducts_id=34149

Watersticker Alpha by Rose Made Designs
    Part of the August 2015 Thank You Gift
    http://wilma4ever.com/index.php?main...ducts_id=33013

Here's mine, I used ABCreations kit "Reduce Reuse Recycle"

Hehe that's awesome Anmarie.

Ok here is mine. I didn't do the Earth thing. The only E in my mind at the moment is Easter!! What's more E than Easter LOL

Here are two pages one of my niece Arianna. They weren't going to let her hunts eggs because she's 11 and they thought she was too big. Janna and then only gave me like 16 plastic eggs to hide with only like one candy in them and some had baby bites for Bodi (which was pretty awesome). So I went to Walmart bought tons of more plastic eggs and filled them with all kinds of jelly beans and malted eggs. And then when the kids got there I had hard boiled eggs for them to color too. I couldn't even count the number of eggs we had. So Ari got to find eggs too.

Sorry that kind of got me them not letting her participate. And I am sure they got mad at me for supplying more candy but that's a part of the Easter fun. Also I know for a fact that the only time Ari got to hunt easter eggs was when she was 8 and she'd never done it and hadn't done it since either. Now come on. Let her hunt eggs. And she let Olivia find all the easy ones. She played nice. And it was her second time coloring eggs too and Livy's first time. So I think I was a great Aunt this year at least according to the kids. LOL I'm so bad.

Being a good aunt to the kids is all the matters in the end!

I hated Easter Egg hunts as a kid because it meant hours of getting all dressed up and my hair done so we'd look pretty for Easter, then they'd put us out in the snow (without coats as that would hide our dresses) and look for eggs, and we'd end up with raging head colds but hey...they got great pics out of the deal.

Easter candy and Easter baskets started with Celts, who just loved their fairy folk. They'd leave wee little baskets of sweets out at the equinox to appease the Fae folk.

In pagan times, the leaving of decorated eggs on someone's lawn was a way to wish them health and prosperity. The church put an end to that, but some would still hide eggs around their neighbors houses in an effort to continue practicing the old ways. Children would then find the eggs, but some children then turned the names of the people involved over the church, and many of these were tried and convicted of witch craft, or excommunicated for continuing to practice the old ways. Bit of a dark creepy turn of events during what as supposed to be a happy time of the year.

OMG you had to hunt eggs in the snow. At least ours is in the spring time. I would think that would make hunting eggs very difficult. Please tell me you didn't have to go around with a shovel.

We never did the whole dress up thing. Just wore our regular clothes. We just like to color, hide and find the eggs. I guess ours was more laid back.

That's interesting information again Dianna. Amazing how different we are now compared to the olden days. I'd like to say we are better now but in other ways maybe we're not so much.

Well, half-an-inch, or a quater of an inch....not that much but it was cold enough for it to stick. My mother always called it the "Ides of March", the last snow storm of winter which fell in late March or early April.

This weekend she said "You've lived in Florida so long you're probably forgotten how cold cold can be". And I told her I quite remembered when the nip in the air had wolves' teeth. Standing in the snow up to your butt, waiting on a bus to come that, when it does finally arrive is too full of people for you to get on, so you have to wait for the next one, or the one after, just to get to work is something one does not forget easily.

I believe you, I am sure that is something you wouldn't forget. We lived in Omaha Nebraska when I was young from kindergarden to 3rd grade and I remember the snow quite specifically. I remember loving it and loved walking to school in it. Mom said she's wrap me up and send me on my way. My School was pretty much across the street so I was in eyeshot all the time. And then mom said I'd come back because the school would be closed down from the ice and snow and that I'd be all sad about it. We used to take trashcan lids and slide down the hill in the backyard. It was a long steepish hill. But I don't remember the cold there being as cold here. But then again I was a child too.

Honestly it has snowed here in March a few times. Not many but a few. But nothing that drastic.

I love your pages, Auntie April! They are so colorful and packed full of fun, just like Easter! I think it's a travesty that Ari has colored and hunted eggs only once in her life, thank goodness Auntie was there to save the day! Good job!

Well this year made twice and both times with me. Thanks. I hope I'm being a good Aunt. Might be spoiling them a bit but isn't that my job?

YES!!! lol

Quote Originally Posted by ApriltheScrapaholic View Post
    Well this year made twice and both times with me. Thanks. I hope I'm being a good Aunt. Might be spoiling them a bit but isn't that my job?

Ladies, Great layouts and discussion (like your input on Easter, Dianna)! I was working on a layout using Evergreen as HK is always green -- we get no fall colors, etc. (well either concrete gray or evergreen trees along the street and in the parks). BUT we took a ferry trip yesterday to see one of the other islands nearby and came across this Egrit...YES I thought Egrit starts with EEEEE so here is my page!!! (except I forgot to post the photo in my gallery -- be right back).

Fixed my misspelling! Thanks Dianna!!
    Last edited by China Doll; 04-30-2016 at 12:23 AM.

We...egret, not egrit.

Oh Right...just checking to see if anyone would notice my layout!!!! I'll fix it!!! I thought it looked funny. Regrets for my Egret!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast