wilma4ever
Wilma4everForum

Wilma4everForum Wilma4everGallery Wilma4everShop Wilma4everBlog Wilma4everFacebook Wilma4everTwitter Wilma4everNewsletterSignUp

Thread: April 2016 Monthly Sketch Challenge with RayesDesign

4Ever Designer

April 2016 Monthly Sketch Challenge with RayesDesign

HEY YA'LL!

WELCOME to a new Sketch Challenge for April 2016. When I think of April, the obvious first thought is "April Showers bring May Flowers", but there are a host of silly holidays and observances associated with the month of April, as well. Did you know that April 3rd is "Find a Rainbow" Day? And that in addition to April Fools Day, April 1st is also National One Cent Day, in celebration of the US Penny? There is also a day dedicated to Chocolate Mousse (3rd), Deep Dish Pizza (5th), Jelly Beans (22nd), Pretzels (26th) & (my personal favorite) Blueberry Pie (28th)! [Goodness, I'm making myself hungry...lol] There are days to celebrate beavers (7th), zoo animals (8th), family pets (11th) and dolphins (16th). April is also gardening month, Earth Day is the 22nd and Arbor Day is the 29th. And SOOO many more.... from sublimely silly to eco-friendly serious.

The challenge for this month: Using this template, create a layout of your favorite April Holiday or Observance. You can click here for even more inspiration.

You can pick up the template set in PSD, PSPimage and PNG files here.

Feel free to add to the sketch, take away from it, move stuff around, flip it or mix it up to meet your needs. Most importantly, have fun playing with it!! Ya'll know the rules (probably better than I do), so use at least 50% Wilma4Ever products in your layout. Post your layout in the gallery as well as here in this thread, and don't forget to post a link in the monthly challenge tracking thread.
    Complete 10 or more challenges to win a prize
    Last edited by RayesDesign; 03-31-2016 at 06:50 PM.

Re: April 2016 Monthly Sketch Challenge with RayesDesign

Here's my try at this... I really loved this template, so I used your kit Evening stroll

4Ever Designer

Those muffins look yummy yummy, shanew! I'll be over for breakfast and my hose papers sure look familiar!! Thanks for playing with me

For Autism Awareness Month using Raye's kit Different But Not Less.

Actually, now that I think about it, spring training is over by April and we're getting into opening day madness. But, you know...whatever.

Kit used: Baseball by La Galarie de Jackie
    http://wilma4ever.com/index.php?main...ducts_id=26985

Cardboard alpha by Dianeski

Created for the April 2016 Sketch Challenge at the W4E forums. Join the challenge fun and win some prizes at http://tinyurl.com/hwpn9m5.

Owner Admin Hostess ApriltheScrapaholic's Avatar

OMGosh what cute and adorable pages everyone. Awesome.

4Ever Designer

Aww...my little heart went pitterpat when I saw the Different NOT Less kit used in this layout. Thanks so much for playing with me and for purchasing the kit, since 100% of the proceeds will be donated to Autism Speaks.

Quote Originally Posted by China Doll View Post
    For Autism Awareness Month using Raye's kit Different But Not Less.

4Ever Designer

Meh, close enough, Dianna! Baseball is DEFINITELY an April kinda thing...lol I love that it very much looks like the little dude is watching the pitcher and my poor "middle of the night starving" brain is totally sending me a "peanuts and cracker jacks" message now...thanks for that :|

Seriously, Thanks for playing with me LOVE it!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Digicats View Post

Actually, now that I think about it, spring training is over by April and we're getting into opening day madness. But, you know...whatever.

Kit used: Baseball by La Galarie de Jackie
    http://wilma4ever.com/index.php?main...ducts_id=26985

Cardboard alpha by Dianeski

Created for the April 2016 Sketch Challenge at the W4E forums. Join the challenge fun and win some prizes at http://tinyurl.com/hwpn9m5.

He was actually standing right outside the bull pen and watching the pitchers (or possibly the catchers) intently. He was way too cute.
    Last edited by Digicats; 04-11-2016 at 06:26 AM.

Question Re: April 2016 Monthly Sketch Challenge with RayesDesign

I've used your great sketch tonight Raye - mine would fit into - Family Pets (11th) as I just noticed your topics as I grabbed the sketch earlier in the month from your blog/newsletter

So, I'm just Waiting on permission to upload it, as it's a Brand New Kit to be released on the May 1st - so I hope I can still post my layout for this challenge - hopefully tomorrow

OK Raye, here's mine...

White Star (Linked)

*Thanks and ENJOY*