wilma4ever
Wilma4everForum

Wilma4everForum Wilma4everGallery Wilma4everShop Wilma4everBlog Wilma4everFacebook Wilma4everTwitter Wilma4everNewsletterSignUp

Thread: March 2016 Contest: "Your Art Form" with ABCreations

March 2016 Contest: "Your Art Form" with ABCreations

Find a piece of art that you connect with and scrap a page about it, be sure to journal and tell why you connect with this specific work of art.

I saw this piece at the de Young Fine Arts Museum of San Francisco back in August and immediately connected with it on a personal level. It is Irving Ramsay Wiles' "The Sonata." My little sister played piano while we were growing up and I taught myself violin. It's thought-provoking that something created in 1889 resonates with people in 2016. It really is a timeless classic piece that I think will continue to resonate with people for a very long time.
    Last edited by ABCreations; 03-05-2016 at 11:49 PM.

Re: March 2016 Contest: "Your Art Form" with ABCreations

Well, I'm slow--in more ways than one. After I finished this layout (using ScrappinWright's March Mini for the Altered Art Challenge, I came up with another idea. But...the hour is late so I'll stick with this one.

I do enjoy walks through parks and am always taking photos of statues/art that tells a story (or I make one up). This one invoked my own story.

I also love to take photos of Chinese art/sculputres...but again, I'm slow and it's late. Maybe before the end of the week I'll do that one.

Re: March 2016 Contest: "Your Art Form" with ABCreations

I love it Vivian, it really is intriguing to see a little European girl statue in a culture so often hidden away from outside influences. Gorgeous layout!