wilma4ever
Wilma4everForum

Wilma4everForum Wilma4everGallery Wilma4everShop Wilma4everBlog Wilma4everFacebook Wilma4everTwitter Wilma4everNewsletterSignUp

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: August 2014 - What Will Be Your Legacy?

Re: August 2014 - What Will Be Your Legacy?

I have been meaning to do this all month, and seeing how many parts to this challenge there is, I figured I'd better get a move along! lol

Here is my first part:

Image linked to Gallery

Owner Admin Hostess ApriltheScrapaholic's Avatar

Aw it's gorgeous Stina. Lovely admiration page for your mom.

OK, I kind of missed the second one and did the 3rd week next...lol But I'll go back and do the 2nd one tomorrow, since it is 1am here now. Anyway, I couldn't contemplate outside right now since it is raining and the middle of the night, so I used something from a few days ago where I was enjoying the solitude outside and taking it all in.

As it is nearly Spring here, I was preparing my vege garden for sugar snap peas I will be planting in the next week (when it stops raining...lol) This is a photo of my vege garden after I had cleared it of old plants, weeds and then dug it up, turned the soil, then prepared it with lime and chicken manure. I thought it was very apt for this theme. I also wrote the little poem on the layout.

Image is linked to Gallery

And here are a couple of extras I did, capturing a day last week when I went out with my mum and dad for lunch in the park, and walked my dogs by the river. It was a gorgeous day, and perfect place to enjoy the beauty and tranquility.

Images link to the Gallery
    Last edited by DesignsByStina; 08-27-2014 at 08:00 AM.

Thank you April. Yes, my mum is the best! And you tend to value them far greater when you nearly lose them, as I nearly did just 6 weeks ago, when she was rushed to hospital with a pulmonary embolism (blood clot in the lung). I should have used the photo of her looking all chirpy in the hospital just before she was discharged, but instead I used one that was a few years old I thought looked lovely of her.

Quote Originally Posted by ApriltheScrapaholic View Post
    Aw it's gorgeous Stina. Lovely admiration page for your mom.

OK, so I did the Week 2 one that I missed last...lol I'm really happy with how it turned out. I used my "The Blue Butterfly" kit, as blue is my favourite colour so I thought it reflected me quite well for this challenge. And the ten words I listed, I chose those for each letter of my name. However, as there are only 9 letters in my name, I added an S for Smith (my surname) to make up the 10. I hope you like it.

Image linked to Gallery

What a GREAT story! And you've matched his clothes exactly!!! Both my FIL and Step-FIL are color blind, so I understand your brother's dilemma. Your journaling is so inspiring, I hope your brother realizes how lucky he is to have you and Olivia and Janna and Thomas in his life! Great LO!

Here is mine for week one

I used my Alien Invasion kit for this page. Fitting for my brother because he always wears the most bright colors. He'll either wear bright or just totally neutral. He's so funny. One day I asked him why and for reasons that I should have known anyway, he told me well I'm color blind. And I know that but it just never occurred to me how bad color blindness can be. My mom and both brothers are color bling but I am not. So he told me that one time he went out in cloths thinking they all matched and someone pointed out to him he had two different colors on that he thought were the same. So from then on he decided to wear neutral, bright or primary. It's funny because they all have 20/20 vision and I'm the one wearing glasses and not color blind. I do hope Olivia gets my color awareness in the eyes but his vision. Hopefully she will be the one with perfect eyes.

So to make a long story short I had to go all out on color for this page and besides I had to match his clothing - hehe.

http://www.wilma4ever.com/w4egallery...erInspired.jpg

such a great boy page! i love all the felt pieces you've used! and i love that you've snuck flowers onto a boy page, i do that too!

Quote Originally Posted by ayla View Post
    what great layouts ,
    here is mine for week 1

image linked

And here is my final Layout for the contest/challenge. Where my heart is...I just knew what I would do! lol I hope you like it. That's all 4 weeks done!

Image linked to Gallery

oh Stina, what a lovely photo of your mum! I love the pinks and purples with a touch of gold, it really gives a soft mum-like layout with a little bling to show mum's bright shine! so glad to hear she is on the mend now! super beautiful flowers too! thanks so much for playing along!

Quote Originally Posted by DesignsByStina View Post
    I have been meaning to do this all month, and seeing how many parts to this challenge there is, I figured I'd better get a move along! lol

Here is my first part:

Image linked to Gallery
    Last edited by ABCreations; 08-27-2014 at 10:45 PM.

WOW 3 layouts, you've been busy! Great work! The poem is cute and your garden looks great! nice photography! i love the flower vine and the wire!
    the aqua layout is lovely, i love the embellishments, especially the leaves with the swirl pattern - too cute! the bricks and butterflies add the perfect touch!
    the pink layout is gorgeous, the vines and flowers are so pretty with the lace, and the butterflies look so ethereal, what a great set of layouts!!!

OK, I kind of missed the second one and did the 3rd week next...lol But I'll go back and do the 2nd one tomorrow, since it is 1am here now. Anyway, I couldn't contemplate outside right now since it is raining and the middle of the night, so I used something from a few days ago where I was enjoying the solitude outside and taking it all in.

As it is nearly Spring here, I was preparing my vege garden for sugar snap peas I will be planting in the next week (when it stops raining...lol) This is a photo of my vege garden after I had cleared it of old plants, weeds and then dug it up, turned the soil, then prepared it with lime and chicken manure. I thought it was very apt for this theme. I also wrote the little poem on the layout.

Image is linked to Gallery

And here are a couple of extras I did, capturing a day last week when I went out with my mum and dad for lunch in the park, and walked my dogs by the river. It was a gorgeous day, and perfect place to enjoy the beauty and tranquility.

Images link to the Gallery

all the different shades of blue are gorgeous together, i think you are correct in that they reflect you well, as do the flowers, lace, butterflies, and hearts!

OK, so I did the Week 2 one that I missed last...lol I'm really happy with how it turned out. I used my "The Blue Butterfly" kit, as blue is my favourite colour so I thought it reflected me quite well for this challenge. And the ten words I listed, I chose those for each letter of my name. However, as there are only 9 letters in my name, I added an S for Smith (my surname) to make up the 10. I hope you like it.

Image linked to Gallery

awe, i love pix of your pups, you truly are a staffy mum! just look at those babies!!! super cute LO!!!

And here is my final Layout for the contest/challenge. Where my heart is...I just knew what I would do! lol I hope you like it. That's all 4 weeks done!

Image linked to Gallery

Thank you Anmarie. I'm not much of a gardener but as everything is getting so expensive now and I cannot find Sugar Snap Peas that taste the same as out of the garden, I thought I would have a go at growing my own. The extent of my growing veges has usually been tomatoes and a pumpkin here and there. So this is something new for me.

The photos were taken on my phone, which has a great resolution. Better than my camera, which I lost about a year ago in one of our moves. It's somewhere here...not sure where yet though. lol

Quote Originally Posted by ABCreations View Post
    WOW 3 layouts, you've been busy! Great work! The poem is cute and your garden looks great! nice photography! i love the flower vine and the wire!
    the aqua layout is lovely, i love the embellishments, especially the leaves with the swirl pattern - too cute! the bricks and butterflies add the perfect touch!
    the pink layout is gorgeous, the vines and flowers are so pretty with the lace, and the butterflies look so ethereal, what a great set of layouts!!!

Thanks Anmarie. I thought the kit was perfect for her, even though she is not really what you would call a feminine female (if you know what I mean). She's not into pinks and girly things. She was always a tomboy and liked jeans and working in her vege patch, tossing compost. And she saw it today and loved it.

And I enjoyed playing along - it's fun. I still haven't even done my own challenges...lol I have gotten a little behind this month.

oh Stina, what a lovely photo of your mum! I love the pinks and purples with a touch of gold, it really gives a soft mum-like layout with a little bling to show mum's bright shine! so glad to hear she is on the mend now! super beautiful flowers too! thanks so much for playing along!

Thanks Anmarie. As blue is my favourite colour, I thought it was the best reflection of me. And I thought I would be different and use my name CHRISTINA for the list of words describing me. It's actually a novel idea - one I think would be good for the random challenge (using your name to list words to describe yourself), if you don't mind me "borrowing" the idea. lol And thank you.

all the different shades of blue are gorgeous together, i think you are correct in that they reflect you well, as do the flowers, lace, butterflies, and hearts!

Hahaha...yes, I truly am a StaffyMum. The two blended into the background have gone to Rainbow Bridge. Sheba (the top one) was a Staffy cross Red Heeler. She passed in 2008, afterwhich we adopted Ciara (my staffy with the silver chops...lol) when she was 3. The bottom one is Jasper who was a Blue Heeler I found wandering the streets abandoned 2 days before Christmas in 2010 and I took him in. He was a gorgeous, gentle loyal soul. He was dumped I think because of his ailing health and condition, as he was slowing losing the use of his legs. His back legs went first and I got him a wheelchair, then his front ones were going. By the end of the following year 2011, he joined Sheba at rainbow bridge on 20th December 2011 - just 3 days before the years' anniversary of me rescuing him. I then got little Dexter at 7 months old on Christmas Eve, as Ciara missed Jasper. I love my dogs, and I truly prefer their company to most people! lol They ask for nothing yet give you so much in return.

Thank you for your kind words. Glad you liked them. I enjoyed playing along. Now maybe I should do a couple of my own challenges...lol

awe, i love pix of your pups, you truly are a staffy mum! just look at those babies!!! super cute LO!!!

Thank you Anmarie. And we are lucky to have him in ours. I don't know what I'd do if Jr wasn't around. I love him so.

OMG Stina look at all those lovely pages. They are all fantastic. You've been awfully busy. Great job.

Thank you April. I enjoyed making them. It was a lot of fun. I love making layouts! lol

OMG Stina look at all those lovely pages. They are all fantastic. You've been awfully busy. Great job.

These pages are great. Sorry I haven't been able to play much and haven't done this challenge. Traveling and getting other work done this month has been almost more than I can handle. Maybe September will be a little better. By the way -- you, my scrapbook friends, are one of my inspirations. Thanks for being here!! Blessings.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast