August is recognized as What Will Be Your Legacy? month. It was founded by motivational speaker and novelist, Martha J. Ross-Rodgers, in honor of her mother.
Scrapbooking is a huge way to leave a legacy for future generations. What do your scrapbooks say about you? Will your great-grandchildren know who you are and how you lived your life?
This month we will be creating a layout a week to help not only advance your scrapping art form, but transform you into a “LEGACY LEAVER” for future generations!
Week 1: Aug 1-9
- Do a one page layout on someone or something that you are inspired by
- Journal a short paragraph about this person or thing
- Include the word "INSPIRE" or "INSPIRED" in your layout
Week 1 Prize:
Week 2: Aug 10-16
- Take a few minutes and make a list of 10 words that describe you, not what others think but what YOU think describes you!
- Now using that word list create a one page layout that will be like a love letter to yourself about yourself to remind you of how unique, amazing, and imperfectly perfect you are!
- Include at least one photo of yourself
Week 2 Prize:
Week 3: Aug 17-23
- Sit and observe some sort of nature. Look at the clouds, flowers, watch a
bird in flight, anything where you are sitting still in solitude enjoying your
surroundings outside. (if you can't go outside, look through a window, or experience nature indoors via pets or television or internet or etc)
- Now complete a one page layout about your "SOLITUDE" moment
Week 3 Prize:
Week 4: Aug 24-31
- Using a HEART SHAPE as your focus, create a 1 page layout that expresses
where your heart lies
- Use the Title "Where My Heart Is..."
- Reflect on where your own heart lies...
What gifts do you have that you could be sharing with others
What do you think about when you daydream?
Where could you serve that would make a difference?
What in your everyday life inspires you to give back?
Week 4 Prize:
Final Prize: The Final Prize will be given to those who post at least 1 layout in the gallery AND this thread.
Bonus Prize: The Bonus Prize will be given to those who post all 4 layouts in the gallery AND this thread!
* W4E reserves the right to use your layout or other project in its advertising. The layout or other project must include at least 80% current W4E product. Prizes will be awarded in September 2014. This contest ends August 31, 2014 at midnight Pacific Time. W4E reserves all rights.