wilma4ever
Wilma4everForum

Wilma4everForum Wilma4everGallery Wilma4everShop Wilma4everBlog Wilma4everFacebook Wilma4everTwitter Wilma4everNewsletterSignUp

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: June 2013 - "Like Father Like Son" Layout Contest

June 2013 - "Like Father Like Son" Layout Contest

In June, we celebrate Father's Day (in the US & UK & Canada & China & France & Greece & Japan & India & Mexico & Holland & many other places) so this month, we challenge you to make a layout (or other craft project) about the special men in your life using this mini kit HERE. It's free to download, but the catch is, if you download it, you have to make a layout (or other craft project) and post it in this thread before June 30, 2013.

The only rule for the layout is that you have to use ALL the pieces of the mini kit! (the layout does not have to be about fathers and/or sons.) At the end of the month random.org will pick a winner.

The winner will receive a lovely prize!

* The gallery is down for maintenance, so you will have to upload your layout at photobucket or tumblr or flickr or etc and then post it here.

* Wilma4Ever.com reserves the right to use these layouts/cards/tags/craft projects for advertising purposes; by posting your work, you are giving us permission to use it. All rights reserved by Wilma4Ever.com. You must be registered in the store to download the free kit. You must be registered in the forum to post your creation. You must post your creation to be entered to win. All entries must be posted no later than June 30, 2013 at midnight pacific standard time. Prizes will be awarded in July 2013.

Thank you to Anmarie of ABCreations for sponsoring this contest with her new kit "Boys 2 Men" on sale HERE.
    With all the fabulous flowers and frills available to scrapbookers, it can be a challenge to scrapbook the men in your life in a way that reflects their personalities, but not anymore, check it out...
    Last edited by ABCreations; 06-13-2013 at 05:35 PM.

4ever Member

Re: June 2013 - "Like Father Like Son" Layout Contest

Well, I'm going to give this one a try. Thank you Anmarie for another great challenge.

you're welcome Marilyn! I can't wait to see what you create!

Cute kit, Anmarie. I did have a little trouble though, since only a few in my family are sportsie. But I love this photo of my nephew! (I also had trouble figuring out what to do with one of the bits--so I sort of hid it--but it's there!).

Last edited by China Doll; 06-02-2013 at 08:31 AM.

hiding it is perfectly acceptable, lol! this is a great layout! what an amazing picture! and i love the group/family photo at the bottom. this is a perfect father's day layout! thanks for playing along!

4ever Member

Here's my kick at the cat. My brother is a fishing nut so he is the perfect subject for this mini kit.
    Thanks Anmarie for the cute mini and challenging me again.
    Last edited by ABCreations; 06-12-2013 at 02:27 PM.

4ever Member

Anmarie, may I post this layout onto other sites with a link back here to the challenge?

great layout Marilyn! i love how you used the star as a photo frame - so clever! the shading on the fishing pole and fish look perfect!
    yes, please, link away!

4ever Member

Hi Anmarie,
    This is my first attempt at a challenge. Thank you so very much for helping this newbie out. I hope I am doing this right.
    Annette

Annette, I'm so glad it worked! This layout is fabulous! i love the fish nibbles out of the photo -- so clever! The papers make the perfect landscape the way you have them layered like that! I'm in love with the star as a balloon and the bread tag as a no fishing sign, lol! Zac is darling and that fish is huge! that's it, you are no longer allowed to miss any more challenges, lol!

4ever Member

Here is my LO for the contest:

This is my husband, Lloyd; he definately loves fishing...
    Thanks for all comments-appreciated...
    Mary Anne
    marya149

And thank you Anmarie for all your help with this on FB.. very appreciated!!!
    Last edited by marya149; 06-14-2013 at 01:50 PM. Reason: Add more information...

what a great layout for your very first post!!!
    i love the way you added some contouring to the brown paper strips, very cool looking! and i love the bread tag as a journaling spot!
    Lloyd has the same amazing blue eyes as my husband, aren't we blessed to have these men in our lives?
    beautiful layout, thank you for playing along!

My first post on this forum. Here is my LO for the father's day comp. The photo is of my hubby (left) with his dad and brother many years ago, his dad took him fishing whenever he could, sadly no longer here, also I never met him, but hubby is so much like him now xx
    https://fbcdn-sphotos-h-a.akamaihd.n...70684022_n.jpg
    Last edited by ABCreations; 06-15-2013 at 09:24 AM.

Pink Angel,
    Great work! what a wonderful story behind this photo, such great memories and happy times. i love how you used the elements to anchor the photo to the page - very clever! i think its great that the glitter looks like a big splash in the water paper behind the photo! thanks for sharing your lovely work!

4ever Member

Hi - thank you for the mini kit. This is also my first challenge here, I did use the bread tag but enlarged it and used it behind the star lol I love the way everybody else has used theirs.
    http://flic.kr/p/eN8bJQ

Should this be added to the challenge tracker??
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by pekarokiki; 06-17-2013 at 03:02 PM.

pekarokiki,
    another beautiful first post! the masks you used on the photos are amazing! and i love the way you used the canvas strip as a frame - very clever! The fishing pole in your husband's hand that holds onto the 'delicacy' is fabulous work! i'm giggling at your journaling, what a fun adventure! beautiful family photo below, I can tell you are the photography of the family just like me thank you for sharing your beautiful work, i hope to see more posts from you!
    P.S. don't worry about hiding the bread tag -- hiding is perfectly acceptable!!!

Kit: Your Admin Hostess ScrappinWright's Avatar

This is darling! I really like the use of the netting!

Quote Originally Posted by China Doll View Post
    Cute kit, Anmarie. I did have a little trouble though, since only a few in my family are sportsie. But I love this photo of my nephew! (I also had trouble figuring out what to do with one of the bits--so I sort of hid it--but it's there!).

Very well done! I like the use of glitter and your tag! Looks like a fun day of fishing!

Quote Originally Posted by marniejo View Post

Here's my kick at the cat. My brother is a fishing nut so he is the perfect subject for this mini kit.
    Thanks Anmarie for the cute mini and challenging me again.

Ohh wonderful shading! That's a very clever use of elements too!

Quote Originally Posted by marya149 View Post
    Here is my LO for the contest:

This is my husband, Lloyd; he definately loves fishing...
    Thanks for all comments-appreciated...
    Mary Anne
    marya149

And thank you Anmarie for all your help with this on FB.. very appreciated!!!

I love what you did with the bread tag! He looks proud too!

Quote Originally Posted by crafterab View Post
    Hi Anmarie,
    This is my first attempt at a challenge. Thank you so very much for helping this newbie out. I hope I am doing this right.
    Annette

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast