wilma4ever
Wilma4everForum

Wilma4everForum Wilma4everGallery Wilma4everShop Wilma4everBlog Wilma4everFacebook Wilma4everTwitter Wilma4everNewsletterSignUp

Thread: Do you Coupon?

4Ever Designer and Moderator MoodyDesignz's Avatar

Do you Coupon?

I have just started couponing and I must say I am ADDICTED! Not as addicted as I am to designing but I am close lol.
    We are a family of 7 and with hubby's wages being our source of income, ever bit saved counts!! I have managed on my first experience to save $122.92 with store discounts and coupons!!

I am hoping to become an extremer like I've seen on TV coming home with hundreds of dollars for just pennies. Anyone else coupon? What tips do you have for us? We'd love to hear and see pics!!

Re: Do you Coupon?

TJ, that is amazing! what percentage is that?

I try really hard to coupon (even have hubby's co-workers save their sunday coupons for us), but find that because i live in California, there are no double/triple coupons or stacking coupons allowed. i'm not brand loyal, so i don't have a problem switching brands based on the coupons i have, but i rarely find coupons for things i need like milk, eggs, whole wheat bread, and meat.
    also, my grocery store doesn't accept printed coupons, so that sucks big time.
    the other thing that sucks is when i have a coupon for target where i need something, one for walmart, and one for winco. its not worth the gas money to drive all over town, or worth my sanity to make my two toddlers drive all over town.
    Last edited by ABCreations; 05-04-2013 at 04:18 PM.

When i first started couponing, i totally didn't get it, i just cut all the coupons and bought everything i had a coupon for. this is NOT the way to do it, lol. it's not always cheaper that way. the way to do it is to find out when your store puts things on sale, then wait until the day or two before the sale is over (when the lowest mark down is happening) and use your coupon on that item while it is on sale. the way to figure this out is what makes couponing hard. you have to talk to people who work at the store and read the sale flyers that come in the mail and in your newspaper. keeping up with all the stores and sale items and coupons is what makes couponing hard.

i had a friend tell me that the Target near her gives away their older merchandise to the Goodwill. so she will find out when this is happening and then go to the Goodwill to purchase the Target items at a deep discount. i asked at my Target and they do not do this. i also asked at my WalMart and they also do not do this. so be sure to ask where you shop what happens to the older merchandise, if it goes to a local charity or back to the manufacturer.

i've seen this lady on tv, couponing is her full time job, she even has a newsletter. her site has freebies and how to get started couponing http://www.couponmom.com/
    i'd like to find someone like her that is local to my area, because i don't have many of the stores she has.
    she also has a facebook page at https://www.facebook.com/couponmom

I am not sure on the percentage but I am going to find out!!
    I will be sure to find out where the older merchandise goes, that is a great question and now I am curious. I started buying coupons for the things that I knew were going to be on sale. Our weekly flyers are available online Wed night so that is when I order the coupons. Yes it stinks that they don't have them for milk and stuff. Its mostly prepared foods which I am not supposed to have but I rack up on soap, deodorant and toothpaste, I got colgate optic for $1 each since my store doubles up to .99 cents. I also got lady speedstic and dove deodorants for $1, some I got free. I wish they would put out more food coupons. I am going to check out the site. Thanks Anmarie!

This is where I got my start. Not sure where she is but its a lot of good information. http://thekrazycouponlady.com/

that's a good site too!

4Ever Designer and Forum Manager ApriltheScrapaholic's Avatar

Wow, look at you guys. I am bad I tend to hold onto coupons and by the time I decide to use them they have expired. LOL

I'm horrible at coupons. We have lots of coupons at the store that I work in and we get a discount card so I do most of my shopping there. Would love to be able to do it and I am sure it would help me but I don't think I'm that organized.

I'm one of those people who wants to be incredibly organized, even makes ellaborate plans to get that way and it never happens. My brother was always laughing at me. At least I try. Great job guys on the couponing though.

I shopped at WalMart this passed Thursday with coupons and saved $12 and actually bought things I needed! I was so proud of myself!!!

4Ever Designer and Forum Manager ApriltheScrapaholic's Avatar

Good for you Anmarie. I have problems sticking to my list. If I'd just do that or actually bring a list it would save money on not buying other stuff. Also it would be good to remember the coupons. LOL So kudos to you!!!

i bought a lot of other stuff too, i had a big list, but i'm thinking if i didn't bring a list at all and only bought the stuff that was on sale AND i had a coupon for, i'd do a lot better. i'd probably be starving at home, lol, but my wallet would be less empty!